July 4th Fun Run in La Palma
Bring your family, friends, and neighbors for La Palma’s 32nd Annual Fitness Run for Fun on Wednesday, July 4, starting at 7:30 a.m., at La Palma’s Central Park. This event features a competitive 5K and 10K Run, a 5K Walk, and the Yankee Doodle Dash for kids 12 and under. This is a great and healthy way for families to start the Independence Day celebration. Pre-registration is closed, but runners can register the day of the race, starting at 6 a.m.
After you have run or cheered your heart out as a participant or spectator, gather your family together and head over to the Family Fun Zone. Celebrate America’s birthday and participate in family games, crafts, and activities. The Family Fun Zone is fun for all ages.
As a reminder, the following streets will be fully closed or partially disrupted on Wednesday, July 4 until approximately 9:30 a.m.
• Moody Avenue, northbound (Crescent to Houston) starting at 5 a.m.
• Crescent Avenue, westbound (Moody to Walker) starting at 5 a.m.
• Walker Street (Crescent to Houston) starting at 6:30 a.m.
• Houston Avenue (Walker to Moody) starting at 7 a.m.
• Chartres Lane, Toulouse Drive and Orleans starting at 7:30 a.m.